O.A. Quinoa Nutritious Bars
Recipe Type: Deserts
Serves: 12 Muffins
- 1 cup half cooked red O.A. Quinoa and other half cooked white O.A. Quinoa
- 1 cup almonds, whole
- ¼ cup dessicated coconut
- 100g dried apple
- 200g dried cranberries
- 200g dried apricots
- ½ cup fruit juice
- ¼ cup mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds (plus a little extra to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. On a baking tray place the already cooked quinoa, almonds and coconut. Mix together using your hands and spread evenly over the tray. Bake for 6-7 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- In a processor add the toasted quinoa mix, all of the dried fruits and seeds and blitz until finely chopped. While the motor is still running pour in the juice until it starts to come together.
- Line a 20 x 25cm dish with baking paper. Tumble in the mixture and press down evenly and firmly. Sprinkle over some extra sunflower and pumpkin seeds and press those down as well. <a title=»bid ask spread» href=»http://www.serbura.com» data-mce-href=»http://www.serbura.com»>ask magic 8 ball</a> Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight before slicing. Simple!