Cumin Chicken Quinoa with mushrooms and white wine
Recipe Type: Entrees
Serves: 4 people
- 1½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup white wine
- 400 gr of chicken, cut in squares
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can diced mushrooms (or you can get them fresh)
- 1 onion
- 1 chicken stock
- Olive Oil
- In a deep skillet over low-medium heat pour the olive oil and add onions, chopped. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add the garlic and mushrooms. After approximately 5 more minutes, add a sip of the wine and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Add the quinoa, 3 cups of water, the rest of the wine, the chicken stock, thyme and salt to taste. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes, until quinoa is cooked.
- Meanwhile, dice the chicken and season with salt and cumin. Be generous with the cumin. In a pan, with a little sip of olive oil, cook the chicken for aproximately 15 minutes, until the chicken has a golden colour.
- Serve the quinoa and mushroom in the plates, adding the chicken on top.