Balsamic Quinoa Salad
Author: O. A. Quinoa
Recipe type: Appetiser
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ – ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (depending on if you are watching calories)
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- Bouillon cube
- 5 Sun Dried Tomatoes (Not in oil)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 1 can black beans or 1½ cups cooked, rinsed and drained
- Make dressing by combining vinegar, mustard, garlic, shallots and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Add quinoa to three cups of boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and place in a fine mesh colander. Boil water and place quinoa and sun dried tomatoes in the colander over the water. Cover with a kitchen towel and lid. Steam for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Cook red pepper in a small skillet until tender.
- Combine pepper and remaining ingredients with quinoa. Add dressing and toss. Enjoy!